Easy cooking – Three course dinner
Easy 3 course dinner menu
In February I made three course romantic dinner at home. Here is the menu and easy-to-follow recipes. Hope you will enjoy this nice and simple dinner.
Smoked salmon with avocado, sour cream, lemon and mint leaves.
1 ripe avocado
100 smoked salmon
90 g sour cream
2 tbsp lemon juice
1. Slice salmon and avocado into small pieces. Squeeze the lemon.
2. Add avocado, salmon pieces, lemon juice, salt and pepper to a glass jar and stir together to combine.
3. Distribute the sour cream onto the salmon-avocado mix.
4. Garnish with mint leaves.
2. Main course
Beef steak with pumpkin mash and caramelized onions.
Cooking time: 30-35 minutes
For the steaks
2 beef steaks, about 200-250g
salt and pepper
For the pumpkin mash
400g ripe pumpkin, cut into thin slices
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
A handful fresh rosemary, leaves snipped
A bunch of fresh thyme
Salt and pepper
2 tbsp butter
For the caramelised onions
2 large onions, halved and thinly sliced
2 tbsp dates sirup
1/2 tsp brown sugar
1 1/2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Slice pumpkin into pieces, arrange on a baking tray one piece next to each other. Tuck rosemary and thyme, drizlle with olive oil. Add salt and pepper. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
2. Remove pumpkin pieces from the oven. Put them into the mixer, add butter, salt and pepper and mix till you get a smooth mash.
1. Remove the steaks from the fridge one houre before cooking (room tempereature).
2. Rub olive oil, add salt and pepper.
3. Heat the grill pan until it is very hot.
4. Cook steaks in the pan for 2 Minutes each side.
1. Slice onions into pieces (0,5 cm). Heat the normal pan.
2. Heat olive oil and butter in the pan.
3. When oil is shimmering add onion slices. After 10 minutes add dates sirup and brown sugar.
4. Cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
How to serve
Place the pumpkin mash in the middle of the plate, top with steak and caramelised onions. Garnish with thyme.
Original recipe from GoodyFoodies Blog.
Mini-Tiramisu in a glass jar.
1 cup of hot espresso
1. Place the sponge fingers in the bowl. Add espresso and let sponge fingers soak.
2. Slice bananas.
2. Place enough soaked sponge fingers at the bottom of each glass to make a decent layer of sponge.
3. In another bowl stir together mascarpone and vanilla cream.
4. Spoon over a layer of the mascarpone-vanilla cream mix in the glass.
5. Top with some sliced banana and a sprinkling of chocolate. Repeat the layers.
Dessert is ready 🙂
Original recipe from BBC GoodFood